At the time we were married, we got off to a somewhat rocky start with both of our Mom's-in-Law. Thank heavens for time and perseverance on everyone's part! At the time, I could have so done with a few laughs.
Well, Sally Shields has provided them for all Daughter's-in-Law and Daughter's-in-Law to be.
List Price: $14.95
Paperback: 168 pages
Publisher: Outskirts Press (February 21, 2008)
Here is what I did like:
From start to finish, in her humorous way, Sally hit the proverbial nail on the head, chapter after chapter. I love the topics that she covered - EVERYTHING! Some of my favorite topics were:
- The 10 Essential Things Every Newlywed Needs to Know in Order to Guarantee a Lifetime of Wedded Bliss! (or What to Do When the Honeymoon is Over-Literally!)
- The Top Three Trickiest Topics : Advice, Interests and Gift Giving— and Just How to Handle Them!
- The 5 Indispensable Insider Tips for What to Expect When You (And Your Mil) Are Expecting!
- The 7 Significant Tidbits To Study Prior to Visiting With your Toddler!
- The Simple Four Step Process That Any Daughter-In-Law Can Immediately Employ To Eliminate 90% of All Future D.I.L.Z (Daughter-In-Law Zings!) And Create a Personalized Set of Rules Customized for Your Very Own MIL!
Here is what I didn't like:
When I first started reading the book, I was a little unsure if it was written seriously vs. tongue-in-cheek. Once I got several chapters into it, it became obvious that it was intended to be oh so funny and I enjoyed the book from there on out.
Here is what I say:
If you are getting married, know someone who is getting married, or are married and in need of some good giggles, this may be the book for you. As with all stereotypes, there will always be those who cannot relate to what she is saying and still others who will miss some of the humor. This book, however, is a good starting point for building any positive relationship between mothers- and daughters-in-law and would be an appropriate gift if you know the recipient well.
The Daughter-in-Law Rules: 101 Surefire Ways to Manage (and Make Friends with) Your Mother-In-Law! is available from Amazon and Barnes and Noble.
This Giveaway Has Now Ended. Thank You To Everyone Who Played!
Please Take a Peek At One Of My Other Great Giveaways And Be Sure To Subscribe...You Don't Want To Miss Any Of My Future Giveaway Fun!
Thanks to Sally Shields herself, a copy of the book The Daughter-in-Law Rules: 101 Surefire Ways to Manage (and Make Friends with) Your Mother-In-Law!
How you can win:
Go to the The DIL Rules site and watch Sally's clip. Then leave a comment on this post stating what you liked about the clip and who this book would be for. Simple!
To earn more entries, you may do one or all of the following. Each one counts as an extra entry. Please leave a separate comment for each one.
- Subscribe to my feed.
- Add me to your Technorati Favorites and I will do the same in return!
- Mention this giveaway on your blog with a link back here and to The Daughter-in-Law Rules.
- Place my button in your sidebar.
This giveaway is open to US addresses only. Good luck!
Who is eligible:
You must have a US mailing address. You don't have to be a blogger to win, just supply a valid e-mail address. Make sure to leave me that email address though because if I cannot get a hold of you, you cannot win!When the giveaway ends:
The giveaway will run now through Aug. 22nd at 11:59pm CST. I'll pick the winner using Random.org as soon as possible after that. You may choose to check for your nickname at Prizey.Fetch, a new site that compiles winners in one convenient place:
This post courtesy of the Family Review Network .