Doesn't that sound fun?!
Want to start your own Momtourage?
1. First, identify a common thread. Motherhood? Love of scrapbooking, books, sewing? Obsession with chocolate or coffee?
2. Carve out a space in your home like a spare room or game room where girlfriends can join you in your craft, or secure a space at a public facility like a library or community center.
3. Establish a schedule and take turns hosting, or determine to schedule each consecutive meeting at the current meeting.
4. Connect. Make certain your time together allows for the most important thing - conversation!
5. Stick with it. Remind each other that you are better moms, wives, daughters, women because you’re connecting with other women. No need for guilt!
“Millions of scrappers are engaged in this hobby because they love to capture the stories of their families,” Seitz says. “That love of story carries over into the world of novels. We love reading other people’s stories as well. My hope is to entertain scrappers and lovers of fiction alike with stories about small towns, sisters, and scrapping.”
A new four book series, Sisters Ink, is being published by B&H Publishing Group. The series centers on the popular world of scrapbooking and four adopted sisters who unite in their mom’s attic to scrap and, ultimately, support one another through life’s trials in the process.
Ten years after their mother Marilyn has died, the multi-racial Sinclair sisters (Meg, Kendra, Tandy, and Joy) still return to her converted attic scrapbooking studio in the small town of Stars Hill, Tennessee, to encourage each other through life’s highs and lows. They’ve even turned their artistic passion into a new local scrapbooking business known as Sisters, Ink.
Coming Unglued focuses on painter and musician Kendra who struggles with her sense of self-worth—a struggle that only intensifies when she realizes a “friendship” developed with a guy at a jazz club is actually an emotional affair. With her sisters’ help, Kendra strives to do what’s right, embracing the call to safeguard her heart and mind and hold fast to her Beliefs.
This is a strong and well written book - not just fluff. If you enjoy crafting, scrapbooking, sisterhood and the great bonds of friendship, you will enjoy this book!
The next book in the series, Scrapping Plans, Sisters Ink Series #3 will be released 2/1/09!
~~ ------------------------------------------------------- ~~
The Prize: A copy of Coming Unglued, the second book in the Sisters Ink series.
How You Can Win:
Tell me how you preserve your family memories. That's it!
Would like to up the odds of winning?
To earn more entries, you may do one or all of the following. Each one counts as an extra entry. Please leave a separate comment for each one.
- Subscribe to my feed.
- Add me to your Technorati Favorites and I will do the same in return.
- Mention this giveaway and Book Week on your blog with a link back here.
- Place my button in your sidebar.
This giveaway is open to US addresses only. Good luck!
Who is eligible:
You must have a US mailing address. You don't have to be a blogger to win, just supply a valid e-mail address. Make sure to leave me that email address though because if I cannot get a hold of you, you cannot win!When the giveaway ends:
The giveaway will run now through October 14th at 11:59pm CST. I'll pick the winner using Random.org as soon as possible after that. You may choose to check for your nickname at Prizey.Fetch, a cool site that compiles winners in one convenient place:
Winners will have 3 days to reply before another winner is selected.
Be sure to check out my other blog, 3 P's in a Pod!