Eco Friendly Families is a hands-on, practical guide for parents who want to raise their children to take care of the earth we have. If you are like me, a novice, and you want to make changes in your lifestyle that fit a more earth-conscious lifestyle, this book is just what you need! And in this day and age where most of us feel the need to economize, her tips are astonishingly good for your wallet as well.
Ms. Coronato helps with the basics as well as sometimes tougher challenges like how to you get your family on board. She also helps lay out how to make changes without getting overwhelmed, which has got to be at least half the battle to me. Some of these changes are presented through the Five Minute Makeovers in each chapter that are easy to do and simple to follow with children of any age.
In the book, there are ten easy read chapters involving everything from taking inventory when you are getting ready to go green, to small changes, Green goal setting each month, reducing waste, recycling, reusing, how to have a room by room eco-design, how to clean green and how going green benefits celebrations and more. It even has an area in the back of the book full of wonderful resources like websites, cleaning products and greener gift giving.
Not sold on reading it yet? Well, let's see if I can add a few more reasons to read for you. Some of the great finds and treasures you get inside the covers of Eco Friendly Families are:
- Not sure how you will possibly afford gifts for Christmas this year? Read Helen's Eco-Friendly Four on page 54 and learn how.
- Ever wondered how to get your kids more actively involved in housecleaning? Check out Helen's specific tricks and helpful hints starting on page 174.
- Ready to part with your wedding dress or formals but not to the local Thrift store? Page 89 can point you in the direction of how to donate them and make it worthwhile.
- Ever wanted to make delicious homemade applesauce? Check page 143 for her recipe and more.
- Are you in need of crafts to entertain some kiddos during the Holiday Season? Stopping by page 186 will get you brimming with great ideas.
The book was just released on August 5, 2008 and you can get a copy of Eco-Friendly Families from Amazon.
The Prize: A copy of Eco Friendly Families by Helen Coronato.
How You Can Win:
Leave me a comment here letting me know something you do that is eco friendly. That's it!
Would like to up the odds of winning?
To earn more entries, you may do one or all of the following. Each one counts as an extra entry. Please leave a separate comment for each one.
- Subscribe to my feed.
- Add me to your Technorati Favorites and I will do the same in return.
- Mention this giveaway and Book Week on your blog with a link back here.
- Place my button in your sidebar.
This giveaway is open to US addresses only. Good luck!
Who is eligible:
You must have a US mailing address. You don't have to be a blogger to win, just supply a valid e-mail address. Make sure to leave me that email address though because if I cannot get a hold of you, you cannot win!When the giveaway ends:
The giveaway will run now through October 24th at Noon CST. I'll pick the winner using Random.org as soon as possible after that. You may choose to check for your nickname at Prizey.Fetch, a cool site that compiles winners in one convenient place:
Winners will have 3 days to reply before another winner is selected.