We told you in our posts about the Fantasy Blocks sent by Petit Baby and the Casalino Fabric Blocks that HABA was at the top of our list as a quality and imaginative producer of toys. They have been a super generous sponsor by also providing the Sleepy Princess and the Pea Game.
All HABA wooden toys and wooden parts are made in Germany and the same is true of this game where their factories are all ITCI certified. HABA employees in Germany audit any factory used to insure who is making the product, what is going into the product and the quality coming out. HABA's educational toys and quality products support baby and children development and will make any parent and every child happy.
Following last year's concerns over manufacturing, the Sleepy Princess and the Pea Game meets or exceeds specifications of European (EN-71) and American (ASTM) Toy Safety Standards, allowing me to feel 100% comfortable about giving it to my child. We recently read the story of the Princess and the Pea so my daughters are very excited at the prospect of this game.
In case you don't recall the basic story, Sleepy Princess is based on the classic fairy tale where a disheveled young girl shows up at a palace one rainy night and claims to be a princess. The queen tests her by putting her in a bed with dozens of mattresses, pillows and blankets beneath her and a tiny pea buried beneath them all. If she is a real princess, thinks the queen, she will be so delicate that she will feel the discomfort of the pea beneath the huge pile of bedding. Of course, the princess passes the test and is rewarded with the prince of the palace's hand in marriage.
Children do not need to be able to read to play this game, but it will help them develop their fine motor skills and the cooperative version of the game does away with the winner/loser situation that so many children's games have, making it perfect for the younger set as well.
Note: by entering this giveaway, you are actually entering to win all the toys in Group 5. The more individual posts you enter, the more of a chance you have to win the Group prizes. The entries will be combined from all posts and a winner selected, so you have a chance to win the Group prizes even if you only enter on one post.
To enter to win a HABA Sleepy Princess and the Pea Game, do the following:
- Visit Maukilo and pick your favorite HABA item that they carry besides the HABA Sleepy Princess and the Pea Game.
- Come back here and leave a comment telling us which other item was your favorite
To earn extra entries:
- Post our Because It’s Christmas button on your site (you can find the code for it on the middle right sidebar) - 5 EXTRA ENTRIES
- Blog about this giveaway and link back here and to Maukilo. (the links must be active/clickable) - 5 EXTRA ENTIRES
- Subscribe to our updates. - 1 EXTRA ENTRY
- Enter a Because It’s Christmas giveaway over at What's That Smell? and come back here and tell us which post/giveaway you entered on. - 1 EXTRA ENTRY PER POST/GIVEAWAY ENTERED
- Enter a Because It’s Christmas giveaway over at 3P's in a Pod and come back here and tell us which post/giveaway you entered on. - 1 EXTRA ENTRY PER POST/GIVEAWAY ENTERED
Please leave separate comments for each additional entry, ie: if you blog about this, leave 5 separate comments.
Giveaway will run through Nov. 30th at noon central time and is open to the USA.
Because It's Christmas began Nov. 10th on my blog, 3 P's in a Pod and you won't want to miss a minute!