Saturday, September 6, 2008

Are You All Washed Up? - A Review of Clothespins!

When I say, "Have you Played Clothespins!"?, you immediately think I am talking about some crazy game at a baby shower, right? Well, no more!

Here's What I Found:

Meet Briarpatch's new
Clothespins! game. Designed for ages 5 and up, this is a rummy-style game where you score points by completing clotheslines full of matching patterns or items of laundry. It sounds simple but there is a twist - draw a bird card and you can steal another players laundry! This of course, makes for pained groans, huffy breathing and loads of laughs.

What I Liked:

The cards are made from a sturdy cardboard that should survive grimey little hands. The concept of the game was simple enough that my 5 and 6 year old had no trouble learning how to play. The matching and ordering helped to reinforce concepts they are covering in school and gave my 6 year who needs LOTS of work on good sportsmanship the chance to practice it. The fact that it is a fun game with bright, colorful designs was a bonus.


What I Didn't Like: When we received the game, there were no instructions included. We tried to make sense of the game without them but really could not get very far. We emailed Briarpatch, who sent us a new set of instructions but it took them a couple of weeks to reply. Anyone who has spent any time around kids knows that that amount of time can feel like an eternity to them.:) Once they arrived though, it was smooth sailing from there on out.
Any guesses who was winning?:)

What I say: Overall I liked the game and we have enjoyed playing it. The instructions advise on how to simplify the game if needed so I really feel that a wide age range could play, making it a great family gift. The game retails for $12.99. You can buy Clothespins! from the Briarpatch website or Amazon.com.

But why should I have all of the fun? Briarpatch has graciously offered to give one of you, my fabulous readers, your very own Clothespins! game. Head on over HERE for the chance!


Photobucket

Be sure to check out my other blog, 3 P's in a Pod!

No comments: