Sunday, September 7, 2008

Responsibility - What's YOUR Policy?

RESPONSIBILITY. One of my favorite words. One of the most underused and overlooked words in the English language in my opinion. Something our country and our citizens are often sorely lacking in.



Remember this commercial? I sure do. It made a big impact on me. I was so thrilled that someone was promoting paying it forward and human kindness. Well, this little commercial led to something called The Responsibility Project.

That little commercial by Liberty Mutual that grew into an overnight sensation. Seeing it made the public aware of how doing the right thing, just because, could change the world little by little.

The Responsibility Project now has a website showcasing short videos where garden-variety folks like you and me , both adults and children, have made the choice to do the right thing. Stop in and watch them and I think you will find these stories as touching and inspiring as I did. They said there,

"We believe the more people think and talk about responsibility, the more the world becomes a better place."

Sounds good to me.:)

At the top of this post I mentioned how I find our world is so lacking in these basic human traits. This site can help parents know how to share the idea of personal integrity and responsibility with their children through videos, discussion guides, and blog posts.

So I ask you, when it comes to responsibility, what’s your policy?


This post was written in conjunction with Mom Central.

Photobucket

Be sure to check out my other blog, 3 P's in a Pod!

No comments: