Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Yum Yum Yogurt - Review: Yoplait Kids


Yogurt, yogurt, yogurt, yum!
It's as tasty as they come.
Mom says it is good for me,
And I love to eat it, as you see!


Yes indeed, we are a yogurt-eating and yogurt-loving household. So, when I had the chance to tell you about Yoplait Kids yogurt, I could not pass up the opportunity.

What I Found:
I remember reading when I did an earlier review of Yoplait's Fizzix that the yogurt companies in the US are really trying to up the interest in kids in the US in eating yogurt. Well, Yoplait has again done a good thing here. Yoplait Kids is a line of yogurt products designed with 25% less sugar than most yogurts plus DHA added so we can promote good brain growth and hopefully raise us some smart kiddos! Seriously, this is an added bonus on top of the already great benefits of calcium and vitaamins A and D.

What I Liked:
If you will notice in the picture of P3 above, she is eating the Yoplait Kids unassisted. This is a glorious thing in most Mamas' books. This yogurt has such a great consistency that she can get it on the spoon and keep it on the spoon, all the way to her mouth. The consistency is nice and smooth too so finicky palates cannot discerne there is actually fruit in there that might be good for them and Mom doesn't have to worry about them getting choked on chunks of fruit.

We love to get the drinkable Yoplait Kids as well. In China you could easily buy the drinkable yogurt with a straw, much like our juice boxes here. One of my friends came up with the idea to poke a very small hole in the top of the drinkable yogurt lid here and stick a straw in it. P3 loves it! Slurps it down like it was the nectar of the Gods! Of course, with the flavors Yoplait Kids has, why not? It comes in Strawberry, Strawberry-Banana, Vanilla, Peach, Mixed Berry, and Strawberry-Vanilla. My favorite is the Strawberry-Vanilla...what a great shade of pink.:)

What I Didn't Like:
The cartons are a perfect serving size, especially for a small tummy - 8 ounces. The drinkable containers are 8 ounces also and my kids, well, my yogurt-eating ones P2 and P3 anywho, are always left wanting more. 10 ounces might be a better amount but the bottles themselves are the perfect size for a toddler's little hand.

What I Say:
Absolutely, positively consider buying Yoplait Kids! Unless your child is unable to eat yogurt for some reason or just flat out wont try it, I cannot imagine they won't like it. I mean, they come with Dora and Blue on them for Heaven's Sake.:)

Yoplait Kids retails for about $2.69 and can be found at most major food retailers.

Would you like $1.50 off your next purchase of Yoplait Kids? Click HERE!


This post was done in conjunction with the Family Review Network.

Photobucket

Be sure to check out my other blog, 3 P's in a Pod!

No comments: