Monday, November 3, 2008

Trivial Pursuits: The Complete Idiots Guide to Fun FAQ's Review

I love to play games, and so does the rest of my family so we have a wide variety of them. We have plenty of games that we can play with young children plus a few left over from our Newlywed years including Trivial Pursuit. Brett and I are fairly evenly matched on trivia...it's the subject matter that makes the difference.

He doesn't know it but I now have a leg-up on him for the next time we get to play! hehehe See, as a part of the The Complete Idiot’s Guide books I am reading and reviewing for you, I’ve been boning up on my trivia thanks to The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Fun FAQs by Sandy Wood and Kara Kovalchik.

For instance, I now know that the original terminus points for the Orient Express were Paris, France and Istanbul, Turkey. Take that Benbridge scholars! :)

But what about you? How about the answers to:
  • What is the only Lucky Charms marshmallow that has not changed since the cereal's introduction?
  • What is the real first name of golf phenom Tiger Woods?
  • What do TV characters Ernie Douglass(My Three Sons), Bamm-Bamm Rubble (The Flintstones), and Webster Long (Webster) have in common?
  • What word for a socially inept person was coined by Dr. Suess in his book If I Ran the Zoo?
And if you know the answers to all of those, you ARE good! Those answers and more can be found right there in the book.

What DO I Say?
Seriously, it was a lot to fun to read. Because it is simply a listing of facts, it is a fast read as well. The scope of the trivia was quite broad - from Sports to Babies to History to TV to Food and more. I cannot imagine anyone not being entertained by
The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Fun FAQs and you learn a lot in the process. A great gift again, for the hard to buy for crowd.

The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Fun FAQs was released in May of 2008 and retails for about $12.95. Pick up a copy at either Penguin Books online or a book retailer near you.

Win your very own copy HERE as part of the Book Giveaway Carnival!

This review was made possible in part thanks to the Family Review Network.

Photobucket

Because It's Christmas begins Nov. 10th on my blog, 3 P's in a Pod and you won't want to miss a minute!

No comments: